Mohamed Abdel Fattah is a Partner at Matouk Bassiouny and heads the Capital Markets group. Mohamed has worked as lead counsel to the issuer and/or underwriter on all initial public offerings (IPOs) on the Egyptian Stock Exchange as of 2006. Mohamed is also qualified to practice before the Cairo Court of Cassation, Egypt’s highest court.
For the past 17 years, Mohamed Abdel Fattah has acquired deep experience in the Capital Markets sector in Egypt leading him to be considered as one of the best Capital Markets lawyers in Egypt.
In 2018, Mohamed was registered as the first to register as the founding agent of companies in non-banking activities in Egypt by the Financial Regulatory Authority.
In 2013, Mohamed has received the below recognitions from IFLR 1000:
Mohamed Abdel Fattah is considered by some as the leading capital markets lawyer in the country; and
Mohamed Abdel Fattah has undertaken all IPOs in Egypt consecutively from 2005 until recent.
Mohamed is experienced in corporate matters, capital markets transactions and litigation issues. Mohamed’s skills are legal, tax advisory, legal documentation and financial close. He was the leader on developing the process of listing and issuance of shares in the Egyptian Exchange Market, thus transforming them from primary to secondary. He was also the first to implement the listed shares price stabilization account.
- Mohamed Abdel Fattah ranked as a Leading Lawyer in Capital Markets – IFLR 1000, 2017
- Mohamed Abdel Fattah ranked as a Leading Lawyer in Corporate/M&A – Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Representing Egyptian investment bank CI Capital on the listing of 246.9 million ordinary shares on the Egyptian Stock Exchange, representing 43.6% of its capital. Transaction value: EGP 2,091,657,604 (closed in April 2018).
- Representation of Raya Contact Center S.A.E. in the issuing of up to 48,994 existing ordinary shares representing 48.99% of the company’s outstanding share capital. Transaction Value: over EGP 800 million (closed in November 2017).
- Representation of Egypt’s fastest-growing and second-largest distributor of pharmaceutical products Ibn Sina in an initial public offering of up to 269,381,625 ordinary shares. Offering represents approximately 40% of the total share capital of the company and is distributed in two tranches, to be followed by a capital increase of up to 50 million shares specified to shareholders who sold their shares in the first offering (closed in November 2017).
- Representation of DICE – a leading Egyptian manufacturer of sports, casual wear and ready-made garments – in a primary offering of up to 62.35% of its outstanding share capital listed on EGX, valued at EGP 25 Million.
- Representation of Arafa Holding and EFG-Hermes, the sole global coordinator and book-runner, on an IPO for a total valuation of USD 91,950,000.
- Representation of Porto Group Holding SAE in connection with its demerger from Amer Group, a company listed on the Egyptian Exchange and on its public offering. Transaction value: EGP 3,966,803,712 (closed October 2015).
- Representation of Emaar Misr for developemnt in connection with its initial public offering for a total valuation of EGP 2 billion and 280 million (closed July 2015).
- Representation of Arabian Cement Company, as well as EFG-Hermes and CI Capital as Joint Global Coordinators, along with Norton Rose Fullbright, on the first IPO since the 2011 revolution, for a total valuation of EGP 766,819,800 (closed April 2014).
- Representation of Domty – Arabian Food Industries Co on its initial public offering, the first IPO that took place in Egypt in 2016, for a total valuation of EGP 1 billion 127 million (closed March 2016).
Cairo University – LL.B.
- Egyptian Bar Association – Member
- American Chamber of Commerce – Member