Hazem El Guindi is a Partner at Matouk Bassiouny and he is a member of the Corporate and Capital Markets groups. Hazem is a full-time Partner with over ten years’ experience of practice in Egypt. He has worked on a wide range of complex mergers and acquisitions, capital market projects, and routine corporate work representing a diverse number of clients; entrepreneurs, industry pioneers, top tier corporate companies.
Hazem has participated in several landmark M&A transactions in the Egyptian market. His work included conducting due diligences, restructuring, drafting and negotiating Share Purchase Agreements, Shareholders’ Agreements, Escrow Agreements, and the execution of said Agreements.
Hazem has participated in several landmark IPOs in Egypt including Juhayna, Amer, Edita and Obourland. His work included handling all aspects of registration and listing companies on the EGX, legal due diligence on the issuer, drafting and reviewing prospectus and the public subscription notice, and attending meetings with EGX and FRA.
Hazem’s practice focuses on Mergers and Acquisitions, IPOs and capital market transactions along with general corporate matters.
- Represented ADNOC – a leading state owned company operating in the fertilizers industry in UAE- as a local counsel in its joint venture with the fertilizer and ammonia arm of OCI (including among others Egyptian Fertilizer Company “EFC” and Egyptian Basic Industries Corporation “EBIC”) with a value of around USD 5 billion. The scope of work included legal due diligence over the OCI companies, as well as advising on all aspects related to Egyptian laws, and reviewing the transaction documentation from an Egyptian law perspective.
- Acted as a local counsel for NBK Capital in its acquisition of 56% stake in 4 major online platforms in the Middle East (4SALE, Q8CAR, MazadQ8 and Fatakat.com) for a total value of USD 100 million.
- Acted as a local counsel for Groupe Solmax, a Canadian-based company and an industry leader in the production of high-quality polyethylene geomembranes for industrial and environmental applications, in its acquisition of GSE Environmental.
- Represented SEB Internationale SAS and Groupe SEB Egypt for Household Appliances in connection with their acquisition of 51% of Egyptian French Company for Households being a market leader in the field of cooking equipment. The acquisition was followed by a merger, which caused SEB Internationale SAS ownership in Groupe SEB Egypt for Household Appliances to reach 55%. The total value of the transaction was approximately EGP 800 Milliion.
- Represented Hassan Allam Construction with respect to its sale of a stake to IFC. The value of the transaction exceeded 500 Million EGP. The instructions included the transaction structuring, full legal vendor due diligence, drafting and negotiating the transaction documentation, which included Subscription Agreement, SHA, Put Option Agreement and Policy agreement, among other things.Transaction cash value is approximately EGP 400,000,000 yet the overall value including the merged entity values would be a multiple of that figure. The instructions included providing legal advices conducting legal due diligence and review the transaction documentation.
- Acted as local counsel for Lekela in its acquisition of Italgen project company operating on a BOO re the 320 MW wind project located in the Red Sea Governorate, Gulf El Zeit area.
George Washington University, Faculty of Law: LL.M
Cairo University: LL.B.
- Egyptian Bar Association – Member