Mohamed is a Partner at Matouk Bassiouny and he is a member of the Corporate and Capital Markets groups. Mohamed has over seven years’ experience of practice in Egypt. Mohamed has also participated in several landmark M&A transactions in the Egyptian market.
Mohamed’s practice focuses on mergers, acquisitions, capital market transactions along with general corporate matters and regulatory compliance.
- Competition Law Assessment of High-Profile Acquisitions as part of the Due Diligence Report. The instructions included the provision of legal advice on whether the Targets have been in compliance with the Egyptian Competition Law and whether the anticipated acquisitions would raise any competition law concerns (Ongoing).
- Conducting a Due Diligence on a Leading Egyptian Company for the Purpose of Acquisition of the said Company by a Leading Private Equity Fund (2019).
- Representing Leading Local and Foreign Investors on Three Different Joint Venture Agreements with Local Investors. The instructions included drafting, reviewing, and negotiating the JV Agreements and advising on the JV projects (a JV Agreement has been executed in 2019 and the negotiation of the remaining JV Agreements is ongoing).
- Preparation of a tailored corporate governance structure and documentation for a Leading Company in Egypt (2018).
- Representation of Wuhan, Chinese engineering and construction giant, on the establishment of a Joint venture company in the Suez Canal Economic Zone in Egypt (2018).
- Representation of Hassan Allam Properties in the Profit-Sharing Co-Development Land Agreement entered into with Al-Mustakbal City. The instructions included drafting, reviewing, and negotiating the transaction documentation (executed in 2018).
- Representation of Egypt’s fastest-growing and second-largest distributor of pharmaceutical products Ibn Sina in an initial public offering of up to 269,381,625 ordinary shares. Offering represents approximately 40% of the total share capital of the company and is distributed in two tranches, to be followed by a capital increase of up to 50 million shares specified to shareholders who sold their shares in the first offering (closed in November 2017).
- Representation of New Giza University on reviewing and negotiating the academic collaboration agreement entered into with King’s College London (executed in 2017).
- Preparation of numerous legal memos and advises for foreign investors and/or leading companies in Egypt (such as Amadeus, AXA, Inertia, Hassan Allam Constructions, Hassan Allam Properties, Sonker, Abraaj, Nutreco, Samsung, and Cleopatra Hospitals) on civil law, commercial law, investment law, banking law, competition law, electricity law, insurance law, telecommunications law, pharmaceuticals law, consumer protection law, tax law, intellectual property rights law, and importation law (2017-2018).
Goethe University-Frankfurt, Faculty of Law: Doctorate Degree – the Doctorate Program of Law and Economics of Money and Finance (“LEMF”)
Cairo University: Public Law Diploma
Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Free University of Brussels): LL.M. in International and European Law
Cairo University: Investment and International Trade Law Diploma
Cairo University, Faculty of Law: LL.B.
- Egyptian Bar Association – Member