Nevine Abou Alam
Nevine Abou Alam
Nevine Abou Alam is a partner at Matouk Bassiouny and a member of the Corporate and M&A practice group and heads healthcare and higher education sectors. She has over sixteen years of experience in general corporate, commercial, M&A and capital market transactions, including initial public offerings and M&A transactions involving listed companies. Clients Nevine has been representing mainly operate in the education and pharmaceuticals industries. She has represented names such as Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Spimaco, Tiba Group, and NBK in the acquisition of Kaumeya Language School.
- Representation of Tiba Group in connection with the acquisition of a group of educational institutions, including a private university, and advising on the restructuring. Transaction value: USD 100 million.
- Representation of Valeant Pharmaceutical International Inc. in connection with the acquisition of Amoun Pharmaceutical Company S.A.E. with a value of over USD 800 million. Conducting an MTO on Amoun Pharmaceutical Company S.A.E.
- Representation of Spimaco in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in Mivo Pharmaceuticals S.A.E.
- Representation of Ezdehar Management in connection with its minority stake acquisition of Al-Tayseer Healthcare Group through Ezdehar Egypt Mid-Cap Fund.
- Representation of an Africa-focused investment company in connection with the acquisition of Mabaret AlAsfara hospitals in Alexandria. Instruction included due diligence, drafting the transaction documents (SPA, SHA and Escrow). Transaction value: USD 18 million.
- Representation of Taaleem Management Services Company – one of CI Capital Holding Investments’ ventures – in connection with its IPO. Transaction value: EGP 2.1 billion.