Muhammad Nassef is a partner at Matouk Bassiouny and a member of its Corporate and M&A practice group. He also heads the firm’s life sciences and pharmaceuticals sector. He assists major private equity firms and multinationals as well as Egyptian companies with the preparation and negotiation of M&A transactional documents including share/asset purchase/sale agreements, shareholders’ agreements, and their related documentation. He assists clients in any capacity necessary with due diligence reviews, transactional management, joint ventures, corporate restructuring, and general advisory work. Formerly, worked with a law firm in Dubai for more than a year with a focus on the corporate restructuring of family businesses.
- Representation of Development Partners International (DPI) in connection with several of its acquisitions in Egypt. Transactions value: confidential.
- Representation of Cargill as local counsel in connection with launching a joint venture with Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) to provide soybean meal and oil to the Egyptian market. The JV is to run a soy crush facility in Alexandria, North of Egypt, as well as on other commercial and functional activities including a separate Switzerland-based merchandising operation. Transaction value: confidential.
- Representation of Commercial International Bank (CIB) in connection with its successful acquisition of Citi’s Egyptian consumer business. Transaction value: confidential.
- Representation of AlMansour Automotive in connection with the joint ventures related to the Peugeot and MG automotive distribution business. Transaction value: confidential.
- Representation of the Abraaj Group in connection with its successful real estate development investment in Cairo. Transaction value: confidential.
- Representation of Bristol Myers Squibb in connection with the successful divestment of its Egyptian business to GSK. Transaction value: confidential.
- Representation of Societe Nationale D’investissement in connection with its successful divestment of its Egyptian non-alcoholic beverage business to The Coca-Cola Company. Transaction value: confidential.