Momen Salah Rezk
Momen Salah Rezk
Momen Rezk is a partner at Matouk Bassiouny & Hennawy and a member of the Dispute Resolution practice group. He’s been with the firm since 2013 using his experience representing national/local and international clients in commercial disputes before Egyptian courts and arbitral tribunals. His area of expertise includes risk advisory, pre-disputes support, complex litigation, commercial and investment arbitration, general corporate disputes, amicable dispute resolution, corporate compliance investigations, labor and employment, general commercial advisory, and representation of clients in governmental relations. He also heads the firm’s Hospitality Sector Group and closely supports leading international hospitality sector clients as well as owning companies of major hospitality projects in Egypt.
- Representation of a multinational pharmaceutical company in connection with a USD 200 million tort claim before Egyptian Courts.
- Representation of a Libyan investment vehicle in connection with annulment action valuing at approximately 1 billion USD arbitral award.
- Representation of an American hospitality company in connection with various labor disputes with total sum exceeding EGP 60 million.
- Representation of an Indian petrochemicals company in connection with a 74 million EGP contractual liability claim and concurrently representing the company in negotiations to settle the dispute.
- Undertaking extensive internal compliance investigations on the Egyptian branch of a major American food industry company in connection with corrupt practices compliance, environmental compliance, mandatory safety measures, taxes and customs compliance. The close out report included corrective measures action plan and recommendations.