May El Shaarawy
May El Shaarawy
May El Shaarawy is a Partner at Matouk Bassiouny & Hennawy and a member of the Corporate and M&A practice group. May joined the firm in November 2018 after finishing her LL.M. at Harvard Law School. Her legal practice started in 2007 when she graduated top of her class at Cairo University, Faculty of Law. She worked at reputable law firms in Egypt during her career and has worked on some of the most notable transactions in the areas of her expertise. She provides MBH’s clients with the capability and resources to realize their legal obligations and address their concerns promptly, before the appropriate authorities.
May’s practice focuses on advising on mergers & acquisitions, financial markets regulations, drafting, reviewing, negotiating agreement, corporate transactions, and Public Private Parentships.
Select Recent Experience
- Representation of First Abu Dhabi Bank P.J.S.C (FAB UAE) in connection with the merger between its two banking entities in Egypt, FAB Egypt and Bank Audi Egypt. Transaction value: confidential.
- Representation of Abu Dhabi Developmental Holding Company PJSC (ADQ) in connection with its acquisition of Amoun Pharmaceuticals Company. One of Egypt’s leading manufacturers, distributors and exporters of pharmaceutical and animal health products, from Bausch Health Companies. ADQ acquired the shares in an MTO according to the Egyptian Capital Markets Law. Transaction value: approx. USD 650 million.
- Representation of Gulf Capital in connection with the sale of its diagnostics network, Metamed to Ray Lab. The buyer was a consortium of parties led by Mediterrania Capital Partners.
- Representation of First Abu Dhabi Bank “FAB” in connection with the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Bank Audi Egypt S.A.E. Transaction value: confidential.
- Representation of National Energy Services Reunited Corp NESR – a national, industry-leading provider of integrated energy services in the MENA region and Asia Pacific – in connection with its acquisition of Sahara Petroleum Company S.A.E. (SAPESCO), the largest indigenous oilfield services company in Egypt with operations across the region. Transaction value: confidential.
- Representation of Nationbuilders Capital in connection with its acquisition of the issued share capital of New City Housing & Development S.A.E. The first Egyptian company to focus on the development of high-quality affordable housing units within sustainable and fully integrated townships in Egypt. Transaction value: confidential.
Harvard Law School: LL.M, Corporations and Securities Regulations.
Indiana University Robert H. McKenney School of Law: LL.M, International and Comparative Law.
Cairo University Faculty of Law: D.E.S., Criminal Law.
Cairo University, Faculty of Law (English Section), LL.B. honours.
Professional Associations and Memberships