Founding and Managing Partner, Algeria Office
Houda Sahri is the founding and managing partner of the Algiers office. Prior to founding SH-Avocats, Houda started at the Algerian Bar working in renowned Algerian law firms. She pursued her career as head of the legal team of KPMG Algeria. Working as General Counsel for Algeria at Lafarge Holcim and MENA Regional Counsel at the US group GE for Power.
- Representation of Quidol in connection with their game “ElQuiz” concerning general compliance and data privacy requirements in Algeria.
- Representation of RoadGom in connection with the launching of their online application including general compliance and data privacy.
- Representation of a multinational firm in the hospitality sector in connection with a franchise agreement of the hotel in Algiers, including data privacy implications.
- Reviewing and negotiating of EPC, transactional and multi-year contracts and consortium agreements for the energy sector.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating of contracts (implementation of more than 20 models of supply contracts) in the building materials sector, sales contracts and general conditions of sale and distribution.
- Financing agreements, including the creation and perfection of the related security interests under Algerian law.
- International transactions concerning Algerian law dealing with the 51/49 rule and the government right of pre-emption in the water treatment, building materials and Pharma sectors.
- Several JVs and partnerships in the building materials, Pharma and automobile sectors (share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements.
- Interacting with the authorities on issues concerning registration, permits, environment, investment incentives and currency control.