Dr. Mohamed Al Degwy
Dr. Mohamed Al Degwy
Partner, Head of Competition
Mohamed Al Degwy is a partner at Matouk Bassiouny & Hennawy and head of competition practice. He has over seven years of practice experience in Egypt representing all matters concerning corporate legalities, transactions, M&As, trademarks, registration, negotiation, drafting, and establishing favorable agreements for his clients.
- Competition Law Assessment of High-Profile Acquisitions as part of the Due Diligence Report in connection with the provision of legal advice on whether the Targets have been in compliance with the Egyptian Competition Law and whether the anticipated acquisitions would raise any competition law concerns.
- Conducting a Due Diligence Report on a Leading Egyptian Company for the Purpose of Acquisition of said Company by a Leading Private Equity Fund (2019).
- Representation of a local and Foreign Investors in connection with Three Different Joint Venture Agreements with Local Investors. The instructions included drafting, reviewing, and negotiating the JV Agreements and advising on the JV projects.
- Preparation of a tailored corporate governance structure and documentation for a Company in Egypt.
- Representation of Wuhan Chinese engineering and construction giant - in connection with the establishment of a Joint venture company in the Suez Canal Economic Zone in Egypt.
- Representation of Hassan Allam Properties in connection with the Profit-Sharing Co-Development Land Agreement entering with Al-Mustakbal City. (2018).
- Representation of Ibn Sina – Egypt’s fastest-growing and second-largest distributor of pharmaceutical products – in connection with an initial public offering of up to 269,381,625 ordinary shares. Offering represents approximately 40% of the total share capital of the company and was divided in two tranches, followed by a capital increase of up to 50 million shares specified to shareholders who sold their shares in the first offering.
- Representation of New Giza University in connection with reviewing and negotiating the academic collaboration agreement entered with King’s College London.
- Preparation of numerous legal memos and advisement for foreign investors and companies in Egypt such as: Amadeus, AXA, Inertia, Hassan Allam Constructions, Hassan Allam Properties, Sonker, Abraaj, Nutreco, Samsung, and Cleopatra Hospitals) on civil law, commercial law, investment law, banking law, competition law, electricity law, insurance law, telecommunications law, pharmaceuticals law, consumer protection law, tax law, intellectual property rights law, and importation law.