Ashraf Hendi is a Partner at Matouk Bassiouny & Hennawy’s Finance & Projects practice group and heads the firm’s banking sector. Ashraf joined the firm in 2018 and specializes in financing transactions. He has represented clients in multiple syndicated and bilateral facilities, project finance and equity finance transactions. Ashraf’s expertise brings together legal and practical know-how gained from representing major financial institutions and corporations across a wide variety of sectors. He has worked on banking and financing transactions in the GCC market as well and has represented financial institutions in multi-jurisdictional debt finance transactions and Islamic financing.
- Representation of Sky Investments for the ownership and management of projects S.A.E as the ultimate shareholder of Proger Egypt for Engineering and Management S.A.E in connection with multi-trench, multi-currency medium-term financing of USD 76,5 million. Where, EGP 542 million was granted by the Arab Investment Bank S.A.E. to finance the construction of the new headquarter of Petrobel – Belayim Petroleum Company in Egypt.
- Representation of El-Moher Car Trading Import and Commercial Agencies Abu Ghaly Motors, one of the leading companies in the automotive industry in Egypt. In connection with the financing extended from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development; to finance AGM’s fleet of range-extended electric vehicle for its London Cab services.
- Representation of Al Dau Al Haram for Hotels Operations S.A.E in connection with the financing of an amount of USD 12 million extended by EBRD.
- Representation of Vantage Capital in connection with a USD 23 million mezzanine financing extended to PickAlbatros Hotels by Vantage Capital - Africa’s largest mezzanine fund manager.
- Representation of Banque Misr S.A.E., National Bank of Egypt S.A.E., and Banque du Caire S.A.E. in connection with an EGP 8,978 billion syndicated long-term financing.
- Advised a syndication of Banque Misr, several Egyptian banks, and other international financial institutions in the project finance of Al Nouran Sugar Manufacturing Company in an amount circa EGP 2.6 billion to finance the largest sugar manufacturing facility in Egypt.
- Advised Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and HSBC Middle East Limited, on the project finance extended to the New Urban Communities Authority for the construction of administrative and residential towers in the New Administrative Capital.
- Advised Export Development Canada on the finance extended to the Egyptian National Railway for equipping and renovating the Egyptian railway with a new fleet of locomotives.
- Advised Deutsche Bank, HSBC Middle East Limited and a group of other financial institutions, on the project finance extended to the Egyptian Electricity Holding Company for establishing a number of power stations in Egypt.
- Advised JPMorgan, Citibank, BNP Paribas and Natixis, on the USD 5 billion program of international bond issuance by the Egyptian government.
- Advised BNP Paribas SA and Société Générale, on the EUR 201 million project finance to the Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company for establishing six power substations.