Amr Baggatto is a Partner at Matouk Bassiouny & Hennawy and a member of the Corporate and M&A practice group and heads the firm’s insurance sector. Prior to joining MBH in October 2018, Amr had been acting as a Partner in Baker McKenzie’s Cairo office and worked for several years with the legal department of the Commercial International Bank. Exhibiting not only a clear understanding of CMA matters but also those concerning capital markets, banking, and finance.
- Representation of Arab African International Bank and Commercial International Bank in a syndicate loan transaction amounting to USD 120 million.
- Representation of Commercial International Bank (CIB) in connection with their minority stake acquisition 15% of El Sewedy for Engineering Industries (SEI). Transaction value: confidential.
- Representation of Arab African International bank in a structured Sale and Lease Finance transactions amounting to USD 40 million and USD 60 million.
- Representation of Ahly United Bank in a Lease Finance transaction amounting to USD 180 million.
- Representation of CIB in its JV with FinBank to form Egypt Factors SAE, the first factoring company in Egypt.
- Advised Golden Pyramids Plaza on a USD 750 million offshore bond program distributed over 17 tranches.
- Advised Barclays Bank Plc in connection with the sale of its shares in Barclays Bank Egypt. specifically in charge of advising on the tax aspect of the transaction.
- Representation as a special Egyptian legal counsel to Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC), an economic authority of the Arab Republic of Egypt, in connection with a USD 1.4 billion loan made to Petroleum Export VI Limited (PEL VI), a company incorporated under the laws of Cayman Islands. The was to be utilized to fund 78 oil shipments, comprising of 47 crude oil shipments and 31 NAFTA shipments.
- Representation of EBRD in connection with a conventional Islamic finance syndication transaction with a total value USD 190 million and another USD 20 million facility to Advanced Energy Systems (ADES), an Egyptian oil field services company to refinance existing indebtedness and finance the acquisition of a new rig.
- Advising Indian multinational Aditya Birla Group on its USD 925 million refinance existing English law facility agreement between its subsidiary Alexandria Carbon Black Company and Standard Charted Bank as agent and security trustee.
- Representation of Commercial International Bank (CIB) and Legal & General Overseas Holdings B.V. in connection with the sale of 100% of Commercial International Life Insurance Company. In addition, drafting and negotiating a long term exclusive bancassurance agreement between Commercial International Bank (CIB) and Commercial International Life Insurance Company to be entered into post completion.