Ahmed Agamy is an Of Counsel with Matouk Bassiouny & Hennawy’s Finance & Projects Group. Starting out his career in Corporate and M&A, he moved to Finance & Projects to focus on the financing and acquisition of energy assets. He has excellent relationships with major oil & gas companies operating in Egypt and with the competent Egyptian regulators. He worked on most of the oil & gas concession transfers and assignments in 2018-2019. He also works extensively on mining assets in the Republic of Sudan.
He additionally has broad experience working in mergers & acquisitions, capital markets, and real estate finance, advising multinational and regional investors in various areas of law, including general corporate queries, commercial laws, corporate restructuring, tax, electronic payments and mobile wallets regulations. His capital markets experience includes advising clients on IPOs, private placements, right issues, securitization, demerger and other aspects relating to capital markets, including employees stock option plans, bonds and Sukuk issuance. He is also experienced in drafting agreements and transactional documents, including MoUs, shareholders agreements, escrow agreements, sale, lease, employment contracts and other commercial agreements.
- Representation of BHP Petroleum – an Australian Multinational mining, and natural gas petroleum company—in connection with its acquisition of oil & gas concessions in Egypt.
- Representation of DP World – an Emirati Multinational Logistics company – in connection with their internal organization.
- Representation of a leading Energy company in connection with its potential acquisition of Alcazar Energy Group.
- Representation of a major company in relation to the restructuring of its shareholding in Infinity Energy Group.
- Representation of Union Fenosa Gas in connection with the divestment of its shareholding (80%) in the Spanish Egyptian Gas Company (SEGAS).
- Representation of IPR Energy in connection with its acquisition of Dana Gas concessions in El Manzala, West El Manzala, West El Qantar and North El Salhiya.
- Representation of SOCO International plc – an Oil & Gas company – in connection with the acquisition of a 100% stake of Merlon Petroleum El Fayum Company.
- Representation of Mubadala Petroleum in connection with their acquisition of a 10% stake in the Shorouk concession in Egypt’s Zohr gas field.
- Representation of Rockhopper Exploration in the sale of its Egypt subsidiary Rockhopper Egypt to United Oil & Gas.
- Representation of Neptune Energy Group in connection with its acquisition of Engie E&P.
- Representation of TotalEnergies in connection with its acquisition of ENGE’s shareholding in El Behera Natural Gas Liquefaction Company and the Egyptian LNG Company.
- Advising Wanbao Mining in connection with its joint venture with Managem Mining to explore, develop, and operate mining assets in Sudan.
- Assisting EFG Hermes with the structuring and incorporation of valU, which provides smart and innovative installment payment solutions.
- Advising foreign investors on the provision of digital ROSCA services in Egypt.
- Advising EFG Hermes in relation to the private placement of Wadi Degla in a value of EGP 200 million.
- Advising Norinchukin Bank on the legal framework of swap transactions in Egypt.
- Advising Acts on the sale of its shareholding in the Commercial International Bank (Egypt) with a value of USD 415 Million.
- Advising EBRD with respect to the PPP project of financing, designing, constructing, equipping, furnishing, maintenance, operating and provision of non-clinical facility services for Mowassat Specialized University Hospital.