Tamer El Hennawy is the Managing Partner of Matouk Bassiouny and co-head of the Corporate/M&A and Capital Markets groups. Tamer usually represents Egyptian leading corporations and he has been working on most of the public offerings that occurred in the country in the past five years.
In particular, Tamer has helped execute high-value acquisitions, restructuring and divestitures in Egypt for companies in the natural resources, manufacturing, construction, real estate, pharmaceutical and tourism industries. Tamer also worked on the sale of operating fields that were carried out by the Egyptian Petroleum Corporation. Legal periodicals noted:
Has an unparalleled understanding of Egypt’s administrative and political dynamics, making his advice highly effective. He has a wide range of experience that covers equity capital markets and M&A
Chambers Global, 2018
An incredible negotiation strategist whose calm demeanor is incredible impressive…
Chambers Global, 2016
Legal 500 EMEA, 2014
Very energetic and has high motivation and drive
Chambers Global, 2013
Tamer also represents sellers, investors and purchasers in a significant number of acquisitions or joint ventures.
- Tamer El Hennawy ranked as a Leading Lawyer – Chambers Global, 2017 and 2018
- Tamer El Hennawy ranked as a Leading Lawyer – IFLR 1000, 2017
- Representation of Hassan Allam Holding in their acquisition of 60% of the shares of Power Generation Engineering and Services Company S.A.E being the largest consultancy firm in the region the field of power generation. The instructions included providing legal advices conducting legal due diligence and review the transaction documentation. The transaction value: EGP 420 million (closed in March 2018).
- Representation of SEB Internationale SAS and Groupe SEB Egypt for Household Appliances in connection with their acquisition of 51% of Egyptian French Company for Households being a market leader in the field of cooking equipment. The acquisition is followed by a merger, which would in effect cause SEB Internationale SAS and Groupe SEB Egypt for Household Appliances ownership to reach 55%.
- Transaction cash value is approximately EGP 400,000,000 yet the overall value including the merged entity values would be a multiple of that figure. The instructions included providing legal advices conducting legal due diligence and review the transaction documentation (signed in December 2017).
- Representation of Commercial International Bank (Egypt) S.A.E in the acquisition of the consumer banking business of Citibank in Egypt. Transaction value: Confidential.
- Representation of Emaar Misr for Development in connection to its initial public offering for a total valuation of EGP 2.2 Billion.
- Representation of a company on its divestiture of interest in an entity having concessions over an Egyptian port. Transaction value: over USD 700 million.
- Representation of a company in its divestiture of interest in two entities having concessions over an operating oil field. Transaction value: USD 2 billion.
University of London: LL.M.
Cairo University – LL.B.
- Egyptian Bar Association – Member
- American Chamber of Commerce – Member