Nevine Abou Alam is a partner at Matouk Bassiouny and is a member of the Corporate and M&A group. Nevine has over eleven years’ experience in general corporate, commercial, M&A and capital market transactions, including initial public offerings and M&A transactions involving listed companies.
Nevine’s area of expertise focuses on handling acquisition transactions and assisting the client throughout the entire course of the transaction. Assistance rendered to clients includes conducting legal due diligence; as well as drafting and negotiating share purchase and shareholder’s agreements. Additionally, Nevine advises on listings and initial public offerings, including prospectus drafting.
Clients Nevine has been representing mainly operate in the education and pharmaceuticals industries. She has represented names such as Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Spimaco, Tiba Group, and NBK in the acquisition of Kaumeya Language School.
- Representation of Tiba Group in the acquisition of a group of educational institutions, including private university, with a value of over USD 100 Million, including advising on the restructuring, conducting the legal due diligence, drafting and negotiating the transaction documentation.
- Representation of Valeant Pharmaceutical International Inc. with regard to the acquisition of Amoun Pharmaceutical Company S.A.E. with a value of over USD 800 million. The instructions included transaction structuring, legal due diligence and drafting the transaction documentation, further to conducting a Mandatory Tender Offer on Amoun Pharmaceutical Company S.A.E.
- Representation of Spimaco in the acquisition of a majority stake in Mivo Pharmaceuticals SAE. The instructions included transaction structuring, legal due diligence and drafting the transaction documentation.
- Representation of Ezdehar Management in its minority stake acquisition of Al-Tayseer Healthcare Group through Ezdehar Egypt Mid-Cap Fund.
- Representation of an Africa-focused investment company in the acquisition of Mabaret AlAsfara hospitals in Alexandria. Instruction included due diligence, drafting the transaction documents (SPA, SHA and Escrow). Transaction value: USD 18 million.
- Representation of Taaleem Management Services Company, one of CI Capital Holding Investments’ ventures, in its IPO. Transaction value: 2.1 billion.
Cairo University, Faculty of Law: LL.B.
- Egyptian Bar Association – Member