Muhammad Nassef Ali is a Partner at Matouk Bassiouny and a member of its Corporate and M&A practice group. Muhammad assists major private equity firms and multinationals as well as Egyptian companies with the preparation and negotiation of M&A transactional documents including share/asset purchase/sale agreements, shareholders’ agreements, and other related documentation.
He also assists clients with conducting legal due diligence reviews, as well as transactional management throughout the transaction’s lifecycle. Muhammad additionally handles other corporate transactions such as joint ventures and corporate restructurings, as well as other corporate and capital markets advisory work.
Muhammad worked with a major law firm in Dubai, UAE for more than a year, with a focus on corporate restructuring of family businesses.
Muhammad usually represents Arab Gulf clients and family businesses with restructuring and capitalization. He also handles a number of pharma and healthcare clients.
- Representation of KnockMart.com in the acquisition of Dina Farm’s 17 stores as part of the online retailer’s plans to invest around EGP 70 million in the Egyptian market, and increase the number of its stores to 100.
- Representation of Cargill as a local counsel in launching a joint venture with Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) to provide soybean meal and oil to the Egyptian market. The JV is to run a soy crush facility in Alexandria, North of Egypt, as well as own other commercial and functional activities including a separate Switzerland-based merchandising operation.
- Representation of Development Partners International (DPI) in connection with its successful acquisition of a major industrial company in Egypt.
- Representation of Commercial International Bank (CIB) in connection with its successful acquisition of Citi’s Egyptian consumer business.
- Representation of the Abraaj Group in connection with its successful real estate development investment in Cairo.
- Representation of Bristol Myers Squibb in connection with its successful divestment of its Egyptian business to GSK.
- Representation of Societe Nationale D’investissement in connection with its successful divestment of its Egyptian non-alcoholic beverage business to The Coca-Cola Company.
- Egypt, “Mergers & Acquisitions Report”, International Financial Law Review, 2016, pp.55-58.
- Egypt, “Mergers & Acquisitions Report”, International Financial Law Review, 2015, pp.55-58.
- United Arab Emirates, “Treasury Shares Guide”, IBA Corporate and M&A Law Committee, 2014.
University of Virginia: LL.M. in Corporate and Commercial Law
Cairo University: Investment and International Trade Law Diploma
Cairo University: LL.B (cumulative grade: Very Good).
- Egyptian Bar Association – Member