Momen Rezk is a Partner at Matouk Bassiouny’s Dispute Resolution Group and has been with the Firm since 2013.
Momen represents both international and Egyptian clients in commercial disputes before Egyptian courts and arbitral tribunals.
Momen’s area of expertise includes complex litigation, commercial and investment arbitration, general corporate disputes, amicable dispute resolution, corporate compliance investigations, labor and employment, general commercial advices, as well as the representation of clients in governmental relations.
Momen is known of being efficient, determined, ambitious and business oriented.
Momen Rezk is ranked as Rising Star – Legal 500 EMEA, 2022
Momen’s practice focus currently includes corporate compliance investigations, corrupt practices investigations, representing international clients in settlement negotiations, complex litigation and representation of corporate clients in governmental relations and various disputes.
- Representing a multinational pharmaceutical company in a USD 200 million tort claim before Egyptian Courts.
- Representing a United States of America hospitality company in various labor disputes with total sum exceeding EGP 60 million.
- Representing a major Indian petrochemicals company in a 74 million EGP contractual liability claim and concurrently representing the company in negotiations to settle the dispute.
- Undertaking extensive internal compliance investigations on the Egyptian branch of a major American food industry company in relation to corrupt practices compliance, environmental compliance, mandatory safety measures, taxes and customs compliance. The close out report included corrective measures action plan and recommendations.
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law: LLM in International and Comparative Law.
Cairo University Faculty of Law (English Section): LL.B
- Egyptian Bar Association – Member