Menha Samy is a Partner at the Dispute Resolution Department, bringing to the firm a wealth of over fifteen years of practice experience in law firms, as well as legal departments in world-leading corporations. Menha’s career boasts a wealth of experience in representing clients in the energy and telecommunications sectors in labor, general corporate, and criminal cases as a litigation lawyer; and in representing banking and finance clients in dealings with government authorities. Menha also possesses longstanding experience with company incorporation procedures, and with ensuring compliance with filing requirements and corporate governance issues.
Menha also led a team of twelve lawyers and contract managers across the MENA region and Pakistan, advising on the legalities of regional power businesses including gas and steam power systems and power services in the region. She was also nominated to the Legal 500 MENA GC Power List for the year 2017.
During the long employment with Ibrachy & Dermarkar Law Firm, I have worked in different departments, including inter alia:
- Litigation Department: responsible for numerous cases for major corporate clients like Mobil and Siemens including labor, corporate and criminal cases.
- Procedural Department: responsible for undertaking all the required procedures for company’s incorporation, ensuring clients’ compliance with all filing and corporate governance issues.
- Head of a group in the consultation department specializing in banking and finance, mergers and acquisitions and handling general corporate consultations and procedures for the group’s clients. This includes dealing with the various governmental authorities.
- The senior counsel role with the General Electric Company included inter alia: Advising the businesses on major projects of the Company in the region, including advising on footprints deals in Lybia, Yemen and Iraq. Compliance with local laws and FCPA and ITC regulations. Corporate governance for all affiliates in the region.
- Since being appointed as the general counsel for the GE power business in the region I have been leading a team of 12 lawyers and contract managers across the MENA region and Pakistan. Our team has been advising the multi billion regional power business that encompasses the Gas Power Systems, Steam Power Systems and Power Services on all it is transaction and deals in the region including EPC, Consortium, and the integration of the acquired Alstom business in GE. I focus mainly on commercial excellence, risk mitigations and compliance.
- Currently legal counsel for Chanel for Middle East and India. In this role I am working with the brand regional general manager to operate the multimillion retail luxury goods business including licensing, restructuring, counterfeit and managing the distributorship network.
- Recently nominated on the legal 500 MENA GC Power list.
Cairo University Law School, English Section, Bachelor of Law
- Egyptian Bar Association – Member