Malack’s experience includes advising on M&A transactions, project finance transactions, including public private partnerships (PPP), equity capital markets, including IPOs and rights issues, and general corporate/commercial matters. She is experienced in drafting joint venture agreements/shareholder agreements, share purchase agreements, merger agreements, finance and loan documentation. Furthermore, Malack has extensive experience in due diligence, advising on re-organizations and capital increases. Malack has advised a range of clients including Financial Institutions, Government entities and large multinationals, International Law Firms and local companies.
Prior to joining Matouk Bassiouny in 2018, Malack was with Al Tamimi & Company (DIFC) for about 7 years as Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial Department and before that she used to work in several leading law firms in Cairo for about 10 years.
- Advising on current rights issue on Dubai Financial Market (“DFM”).
- Advising on current capital decrease and increase for a public joint stock company listed on DFM.
- Advising on conversion and listing of two Dubai based limited liability companies.
- Advised on ADNOC PJSC on the IPO of their retail and distribution division, ADNOC Distribution PJSC
- Advised on Emaar Properties PJSC on the IPO of their development division, Emaar Development PJSC.
- Advised on Meeras Holding on the IPO of their hotel and leisure division, Dubai Parks & Resorts PJSC.
- Advised on Amanat Holding PJSC on the IPO on a greenfiled IPO that took place on DFM, with a value of AED 500,000,000.
- Advised Emaar Properties PJSC on Emaar Malls IPO on DFM for AED 6 billion.
- Advised on Marka PJSC on a greenfiled IPO that will take place on DFM, with an expected value of AED 500,000,000.
- Advised on Gulf Marine Services Plc on an IPO on London Stock Exchange, the second largest IPO in London in 2014.
- In relation to the issuance of bonds by Orange (formerly MobiNil) in the amount of EGP1.5 billion which closed in January 2010. This bond issue constitutes a landmark transaction, in terms of size, complexity and novelty, as it has reactivated the Egyptian capital market as a source of debt.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised Amanat Holding PJSC on the acquisition of a strategic stake in Abu Dhabi University PrJSC, in the UAE in 2018.
- Advised Gulf Capital on the acquisition of a substantial stake in a Dubai based auctions business platform in 2016 in collaboration with Shearman & Sterling.
- Acted as transaction counsel for the acquisition/disposal of Al Laith Scaffolding, a UAE based contracting Group for a value of AED 225 Million in 2016.
- Advised Amanat Holding PJSC on the acquisition of a strategic stake of approximately 16% in Madaares PrJSC, an educational specialized platform in the UAE in 2016 for approximately AED 139.4 million.
- A buy-side advisor for a Saudi private equity firm in the acquisition of an industrial company in Dubai.
- Advised Gulf Investment Corporation on the sale of its minority stake in Alumco LLC in Dubai.
- Advised Pizza Express UK on the acquisition of Jordana Restaurants LLC in Dubai.
- Advised Alghanim Industries on the acquisition of the Wendy’s franchise in the MENA region.
- Advised Genero Capital (exclusive financial advisor based in Dubai representing six selling institutions) on the sale of a majority stake in Abu Dhabi listed company National Takaful Company (Watania) in September 2014 for USD 31 Million. The transaction was complex and delicate given the large number of parties involved (including listed companies) and the strict regulatory and approval process. The uniqueness of this transaction resided in combining fragmented shareholdings and offering it as a controlling stake to one group.
- Acted for Exceed Industries (part of National Holding Group) on the sale of a 15% stake in National Feed and Flour Production and Marketing Co. LLC to Rimco Investments in June 2014 for USD 41 Million with EFG Hermes as sole financial advisor.
- Advised Waha Capital PJSC in relation to its acquisition of a majority stake in Sharjah Conriche Hospital Group, Ibn Sina Group and PCL Group, which included more than 16 hospitals, clinics and pharmacies in several emirates in the UAE.
- Clayton Dubilier & Rice acquiring Harsco Infrastructure and Brand Energy & Infrastructure and merging the MENA operations.
- Advised City School International on the acquisition of several school and nurseries in the UAE.
- Acted for Mawarid Finance PJSC in relation to its investment together with Citi Venture Capital International and other investors advised by Levant Capital, in the acquisition of a controlling stake in a Saudi Arabian supermarket chain, Al Raya for Foods Stuff, for USD 100 million, with Mawarid’s stake representing 20%. The deal is an example of how private equity funds are looking for investment opportunities in Saudi Arabia, where a fast growing population is driving consumer demand.
- Advised on the disposal by Marfrig Group of its shareholding in Keystone Foods worldwide, a leading supplier of processed meat, which included its UAE subsidiaries.
- Acted for Keystone Foods LLC in relation to a cross border pre-acquisition restructure mandated by Marfrig Alimentos global acquisition of Keystone Foods major operation.
- Advised on the sale of Amoun Pharmaceuticals Company, a leading Egyptian pharmaceutical company, to a group of foreign finance associations for approximately USD500 million.
- Advised on the USD 450 million sale of controlling interest in Olympic Group, a leading Egyptian applications manufacturer to Electrolux.
- Advised Electricite de France Internationale on the sale of 100% of its shares in its energy companies in Egypt and the execution of the sale transaction, then, after the exit of EDF from the Egyptian market, became the advisor of the buyer as well as the acquired project companies.
- Advised on the landmark acquisition by Lafarge of the regional cement business from Orascom Construction Industries for USD15 billion including USD 2 billion of assumed debt.
- Advised on the Sale Share and Exchange Agreement between Vimplecom and Weather, the indirect majority shareholder of Orascom Telecom for approximately USD 6.6 Billion and the carve out of MobiNil, ECMS and other assets which continue to be owned by the current shareholders of Orascom Telecom.
- Advised on the USD382 million acquisition by Calyon Bank of Egyptian American Bank (EAB) and its merger into Credit Agricole Egypt for a value of USD590 million.
- Advised on the merger of the Branch of American Express Bank NY in Egypt into Egyptian American Bank (EAB).
- Advised on the acquisition by Bank Audi SAL of Cairo Far East Bank SAE for approximately USD 94 million.
- Advised on the USD420 million acquisition of Misr International Bank (MIBank) by Societe Generale Bank.
- Advised on the acquisition by Guardian Corporation Industries of a majority stake in Egyptian Glass Company SAE through a tender offer for approximately EGP 486 Million.
University of Paris 1 Pantheon Sorbonne (Maitrise en Droit des Affaires (Masters in Business Law equivalent to M1)
University of Paris 1 Pantheon Sorbonne License en Droit (Bachelor in Law)