Jean-Jérôme Khodara is a Partner at Matouk Bassiouny with the Corporate/ M&A practice group and the head of our Algeria Practice. Prior to joining Matouk Bassiouny, Jean-Jérôme worked with the French international law firm Gide and with the group LafargeHolcim where he was in charge of M&A transactions in the Middle-East and Africa.
Jean-Jérôme advises local and international clients on M&A transactions with a focus on complex cross-border deals. His expertise includes managing all phases of M&A transactions: structuring, due diligence, negotiation and transaction documents. Jean-Jérôme also handles other corporate transactions such as joint ventures and corporate restructurings. In parallel to his practice in Egypt, Jean-Jérôme works with our Algiers office, Matouk Bassiouny in association with SH-Avocats. He has developed a specific expertise in advising investors in Algeria where he was based for more than a year.
Special Recognition for Single Deal Legal Advisor – in recognition of his work as lead counsel to Alta Semper Capital in their USD 50 million transaction with Oncologie et Diagnostic du Maroc (“ODM”) – Private Equity Africa Awards, 2019
- Advising Meridian Investment (Russia) for the divestment of a majority stake in “TBE Egypt for Payment Solutions and Services” to affiliates of BPE Partners (formerly Beltone Private Equity);
- Advising Alta Semper (a UK-based private equity firm) for the acquisition of a majority stake in ODM, Morocco’s leading oncology, radiology & diagnostics platform.
- Advising Abraaj in relation to the acquisition of a minority stake in two Egyptian project companies each incorporated for the purposes of designing, constructing, building, testing and commissioning a 50MW solar power plant under Round 2 of the Feed-in Tariff program.
- Advising Alta Semper Capital and Kingsway Capital (two UK-based private equity firms) on the acquisition of a majority equity stake in Macro Group, a leading cosmeceuticals business in Egypt.
- Advising a leading FMCG company in Egypt (listed on the Egyptian stock exchange) for the acquisition of a majority stake in the leading bakery chain in Egypt.
- Advising BPE Partners (formerly Beltone Private Equity) on the acquisition of a minority stake in three Egyptian companies (MMID 30, TAQA 50 & PHOENIX), qualified to participate in the second round of the solar Feed-in-Tariff Program.
- Advising GE Power for the restructuring of its joint-venture company in Libya.
- Private Equity Africa Awards, 2019 – Award for Single Deal Legal Advisor – in recognition of his work as lead counsel to Alta Semper Capital in their USD 50 million transaction with Oncologie et Diagnostic du Maroc “ODM”)
Harvard University (US); Master in Public Administration
Exeter University (UK); LLM – Master in European Law
University of Rennes (France); LLM – Post-Graduate Degree in Business Law (DJCE – DESS)
University of Paris II Assas (France); Master Degree in Business Law
- American Chamber of Commerce – Member
- Chambre de Commerce Française en Egypte – Member