Houda Sahri is the founding and managing partner of the Algiers office. Prior to founding SH-Avocats, Houda started at the Algerian Bar working in renowned Algerian law firms, then pursued her career as head of the legal team of KPMG Algeria, and then as a General Counsel for Algeria at Lafarge Holcim and MENA Regional Counsel at the US group GE for Power.
Houda advises on a broad range of corporate, commercial and finance matters. Houda also regularly handles litigation matters and pleads before Algerian courts.
- Several JVs and partnerships in the building materials, Pharma and automobile sectors (share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements);
- Review and negotiation of EPC, transactional and multi-year contracts and consortium agreements for the energy sector;
- International transactions concerning Algerian law dealing with the 51/49 rule and the government right of pre-emption in the water treatment, building materials and Pharma sectors;
- Financing agreements, including the creation and perfection of the related security interests under Algerian law;
- Drafting, review and negotiation of contracts (implementation of more than 20 models of supply contracts) in the building materials sector, sales contracts and general conditions of sale and distribution;
- Interacting with the authorities on issues concerning registration, permits, environment, investment incentives and currency control.
- Debt recovery for about 222 500 000 DZD for several clients ;
University of Bridgeport (US): Master of Business Administration (Fulbright Alumna)
Algiers University: Masters Degree in Law
- IATI Foundation Board of Directors – Member
- Bar of Algiers – Member