Ashraf Hendi is a Partner in Matouk Bassiouny’s Finance & Projects team. Ashraf joined the firm in 2018 and specializes in financing transactions. He has represented clients in multiple syndicated and bilateral facilities, project finance and equity finance transactions. Ashraf’s expertise brings together legal and practical know-how gained from representing major financial institutions and corporations across a wide variety of sectors. He has worked on banking and financing transactions in the GCC market as well and has represented financial institutions in multi-jurisdictional debt finance transactions and Islamic financing.
- Ashraf Hendi Ranked as a Rising Star – IFLR 1000, 2021
- Ashraf Hendi Ranked as a Rising Star – Legal 500 EMEA, 2022
Ashraf’s area of expertise is in banking & finance, project finance, and acquisition finance.
- Advising a syndication of Banque Misr, several Egyptian banks, and other international financial institutions in the project finance of Al Nouran Sugar Manufacturing Company in an amount of c. EGP 2.6 billion to finance the largest sugar manufacturing facility in Egypt.
- Advising Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and HSBC Middle East Limited, on the project finance extended to the New Urban Communities Authority for the construction of administrative and residential towers in the New Administrative Capital.
- Advising Export Development Canada on the finance extended to the Egyptian National Railway for equipping and renovating the Egyptian railway with a new fleet of locomotives.
- Advising Deutsche Bank, HSBC Middle East Limited and a group of other financial institutions, on the project finance extended to the Egyptian Electricity Holding Company for establishing a number of power stations in Egypt.
- Advising JPMorgan, Citibank, BNP Paribas and Natixis, on the USD 5 billion programme of international bond issuance by the Egyptian government.
- Advising BNP Paribas SA and Société Générale, on the EUR 201 million project finance to the Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company for establishing six power substations.
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, LLM
The Police Academy of Egypt, LLB
- Egyptian Bar Association – Member