Amr is a Partner in Matouk Bassiouny’s Dispute Resolution Group. Amr has over seven years of extensive experience in the legal field with a practice focuses on litigation and arbitration matters. Amr Joined Matouk Bassiouny in 2012.
Amr is experienced in handling various complex litigation matters related to civil, commercial, administrative, corporate, capital market, Electricity, real estate, asset freezing, commercial fraud, shareholders’ disputes, unfair competition, intellectual property, and all of misdemeanors related to the companies’ activities.
Amr also has an experience in consolidations on labor relations, white collar and corporate investigations, collective bargaining strategies and related litigation, disciplinary and dismissal disputes.
With a long and successful track record, Amr is a specialist in preparing the writs of cases, appeals, complaints, memos, legal claims, and pleadings in the foregoing disputes, as well as the representation of clients in governmental relations and various disputes, and negotiating and drafting of dispute settlement agreements.
Amr is also experiences in carrying out all the procedures for the execution of judgments including arbitration awards as well as foreign judgments.
Amr also handled and assisted in several important arbitration cases handled by the Firm.
Mainly, Amr used to represent major multinational and local clients in all of their disputes in Egypt in various industries, particularly in Touristic, Hospitality, pharmaceuticals, Equity Companies, oil & gas, Telecommunications, and other manufacturing industries.
Amr’s areas of expertise include general corporate, dispute resolution, white collar and corporate investigations, labor and employment as well as the representation of corporate clients in governmental relations and various disputes.
- Representation of C&J Clarks in successfully blocking claims before the local courts exceeding USD 45 million in complex litigation involving procedural and substantive arguments relating to commercial agency/distribution relationships in Egypt.
- Representation of Amer Group in blocking and challenging a 85 million EGP arbitration award relating to a touristic development project on the Egyptian Red Sea coast.
- Representation of Etisalat Misr in Egypt in relation to a litigation dispute before the Egyptian Court of Cassation in connection with setting aside of an arbitral award and an arbitration dispute against thirteen shareholders.
- Representation of Wockhardt Europe in USD 2 million compensation litigation dispute before Cairo Economic Court against two local companies.
Faculty of Law, Cairo University-LL.B.
- Egyptian Bar Association – Member