Ahmed has been with the firm for 30 years, starting when the law firm was Bassiouny Law Firm. He brings in a wealth of more than 30 years before various Egyptian courts and in particular supreme courts, namely Cassation Court. Ahmed has represented major clients in a wide range of complex matters. Ahmed specializes in real estate ownership, registration matters, mortgages, and related legal intricacies, as well as filing challenges before State Council to administrative decisions related to clients’ real estate ownerships and registrations. He has obtained numerous verdicts from Cassation Court and establishing of precedents and principles especially in real estate ownership as well as has experience before the Constitutional Court.
Key clients include OSN, TCI Sanmar, Abraaj, Suez Steel Company and Sonker Bunkering Company.
Ahmed’s practice focuses on all matters relating to real estate including registration matters, mortgages, and filing challenges before State Council to administrative decisions related to clients’ real estate ownerships and registrations.
- Satellite Company’s real estate registering.
- Eitat Real Estate Investment Company’s real estate’s registering.
- Registration of nearly eighty feddans for TCI Senimar Company’s factory in Port Said Governorate.
- Real estate and commercial mortgages registration for TCI Senimar Company.
- Obtaining a ruling to cancel supplementary fees on the Mortgage Contract amounting Seventy-Three Million Egyptian Pounds about TCI Senimar Company.
- Writing off the real estate mortgage of Suez Steel Company.
- Obtaining a ruling to cancel supplementary fees on the Mortgage Contract amounting Three Million Egyptian Pounds for Suez Steel Company.
- Obtaining a ruling to cancel supplementary fees on the Mortgage Contract amounting Thirty-Three Million Egyptian Pounds for Sonker Bunkering Company.
- Obtaining a ruling revoking the cancellation of the allocation decree of the two plots of land owned by Setcore Petroleum Services Company.
- Obtaining a ruling revoking the cancellation of the allocation decree of the two plots of land owned by Setcore Industrial Investment Company and obligating the District Agency to issue licenses.
- Obtaining judgments in favor of Nile Badrawi Hospital by revoking the Administrative Attachments on the Hospital’s Building, which amounted to approximately Thirty-Six Million Egyptian Pounds.
- Registration of the land owned by Mr. Abdullah Al-Gharir, with approximately 80 feddans in Al-Bostan District, Al-Beheira Governorate.
- Registration of the land owned by Mr. Mahmoud Yassin (Al-Ghanim Company), with approximately 10 feddans in the Ahmed Orabi Association.
- Reviewing the Real Estate Mortgage Contracts and submitting Applications for the Usufruct registration for the electricity companies, namely: Alcazar Energy Company, Horus Energy Company and the Delta Energy Company.
- Drafting several contracts for many companies, the most important of which is the Real Estate Development Contracts.
- Discussing the ownership and drafting a legal opinion report on all Notarial Acts and the Preliminary Contracts.
- Undertaking the procedures of obtaining operating licenses for many companies, including OSN Company and Energizer Company.
- Writing and drafting the required Power of Attorneys of clients and reviewing thereof before signing it in front of the Real Estate Registry and Authentication Department.
- Winning a number of court rulings cancelling land allotment decisions and withdrawing lands.
- Winning a number of court rulings cancelling administrative seizure imposed by government authorities on large companies.
- Winning a number of court rulings cancelling fees estimated by the Real Estate Authority on mortgages.
- Undertaking the registration of several properties and mortgages at the Real Estate Authority.
- Winning several judgments and principles from the Court of Cassation and the Supreme Constitutional Court, including but not limited to:
- Obtained a judgment from the High Court of Cassation in Challenge No. 12641 of 86JY, laying a solid foundation that (compensation claims for ownership are actions of revendication which are not subject to prescription, because they are affiliated to the right of ownership, which does not lapse or extinguish by not using it.)
- Obtained a judgment from the Court of Cassation in Challenge No. 11835 of 86JY, laying a solid foundation that (prescription of a case is calculated from the date of the judgment rendered by the constitutional court)
- Obtained a judgment from the High Court of Cassation in Challenge No. 18029 of 88JY, laying a solid foundation that (the provisions of the dispute settlement law no. 7 of 2000 are not applicable on compensation claims for ownership)
- Obtained a judgment from the High Court of Cassation in Challenge No.44 of 41JY, in favor of the heirs of Michel Dawry Shamoun (a Lebanese citizen) whereby the judgment decided (not to accept the case filed by the Minister of Finance and to award compensation to the heirs of and the heirs of Gabriel Philip Thabet for their properties in Egypt)
All the above judgments were rendered on the basis of the grounds for the challenge submitted by him, and were annotated with his attendance on behalf of the Appellants as their legal representative before courts.
He has also authored numerous legal papers and participated in television interviews on various legal issues.
Al Azhar University, Faculty of Sharia and Law (Law Department: LLB)
- Egyptian Bar Association – Member