Ahmed Agamy is a Partner with Matouk Bassiouny & Hennawy’s Finance & Projects Group and the Energy team. Starting out his career in Corporate and M&A, he moved to Finance & Projects to focus on the financing and acquisition of energy assets. He enjoys excellent relationships with major oil & gas companies operating in Egypt and with the competent Egyptian regulators. Ahmed worked on most of the oil & gas concession transfers and assignments in 2018-2019. He also works extensively on mining assets in the Republic of Sudan.
Ahmed has wide experience in the energy sector with particular focus on oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG) and renewable energy working in all aspects of oil & gas, mergers & acquisitions and renewable energy; advising multinational and regional companies on cross-border transactions, concession agreements, joint operation agreements and licenses.
Ahmed additionally has broad experience working in mergers & acquisition, capital markets, real estate finance; advising multinational and regional investors in various areas of law, including general corporate queries, commercial laws, corporate restructuring, tax, electronic payments and mobile wallets regulations. Ahmed’s capital markets includes advising clients on IPOs, private placements, right issues, securitization, demerger and other aspects relating to capital markets, including employees stock option plans, bonds and Sukuk issuance.
Ahmed is also experienced in drafting agreements and transactional documents, including MoUs, shareholders agreements, escrow agreements, sale, lease, employment contracts and other commercial agreements.
Ahmed’s area of expertise is in the financing and acquisition of energy assets.
- Representation of Union Fenosa Gas in in connection with the divestment of its shareholding (80%) in the Spanish Egyptian Gas Company (SEGAS).
- Representation of IPR Energy in connection with its acquisition of Dana Gas concessions in El Manzala, West El Manzala, West El Qantar and North El Salhiya.
- Representation of SOCO International plc in connection with the acquisition of 100% percent stake of Merlon Petroleum El Fayum Company.
- Representation of Mubadala Petroleum in connection with the acquisition of 10% stake in the Shorouk concession in Egypt’s Zohr gas field.
- Representation of Rockhopper Exploration in the sale of its Egypt subsidiary Rockhopper Egypt to United Oil & Gas.
- Representation of Dhunseri Petrochem Limited in connection with the acquisition of 30% shares from the Egyptian Companies owned by the government, Engineering for the Petroleum & Process Industries Company “ENPPI” and Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Company “ECHEM”.
- Representation of Neptune Energy Group in the acquisition of Engie E&P.
- Representing Total in connection with its acquisition of ENGE’s shareholding in El Behera Natural Gas Liquefaction Company and the Egyptian LNG Company.
- Advising Wanbao Mining in connection with its joint venture with Managem Mining to jointly exploring, developing and operating mining assets in Sudan.
University of Glasgow, LLM in Corporate and Financial Law; dissertation on “Schemes of arrangements as an alternative to takeovers”
Cairo University, LLM in International Trade and Investments Law.
Beni-Souef University, LLB.
- Egyptian Bar Association – Member