Samih M. Talaat
Samih M. Talaat
Samih Mohamed Talaat is a counsel at Matouk Bassiouny &Hennawy and a member of the Corporate and M&A practice group. He has represented major private equity firms and multinationals as well as Egyptian companies in respect of M&A transactions. He handled other corporate transactions as well as legal compliances and due diligences matters. He has worked on a wide range of complex mergers and acquisitions, capital market projects, and routine corporate work representing a diverse number of clients, entrepreneurs, industry pioneers, top tier corporate companies. He has provided legal advice for companies regarding their daily corporate activities, transactions and arrangements (including establishing various types of companies under different Egyptian Laws, drafting Board and General Assemblies meeting minutes and provide corporate restructuring advisory role for various commercial companies in Egypt).
- Assisted in the IPO of EDITA Food Industries S.A.E. – a food and beverage entity — as issuers counsel in its IPO
- Representation of Axa in connection with its acquisition of 100% of Commercial International Life Insurance Company. The transaction was valued at EGP 500 million.
- Representation of Danone in connection with its acquisition of 100% stake in Halayeb Company for Dairy Products.
- Representation of AluNile Egypt – a leading manufacturer and installer of glass and aluminum architectural facades – in connection with its sale of 100% stake to Ezdehar Management, an Egypt-based investment management firm.
- Representation of a global leading ride service hailing businesses as local counsel in connection with establishing companies and advising on the local rules and regulations to operate.
- Representation of a number of multinational and local companies in connection with drafting and negotiating different commercial agreements (shareholders agreements, joint ventures, consortiums, commercial agency, and distribution.
- Representation of Hassan Allam Holding in connection with its sale of a minority stake to IFC. The transaction valued at EGP 500 million.
- Representation of SEB Internationale SAS and Groupe SEB Egypt for Household Appliances in connection with its acquisition of 51% of Egyptian French Company for Households being a market leader in the field of cooking equipment. The acquisition was followed by a merger, which caused SEB Internationale SAS ownership in Groupe SEB Egypt for Household Appliances to reach 55%. Transaction cash value is approximately EGP 400 million yet the overall value including the merged entity values would be a multiple of that figure.
- Representation of Lekela in connection with its acquisition of Italgen project company operating on a BOO re the 320 MW wind project located in the Red Sea Governorate, Gulf El Zeit area.
- Representation of an oil & gas services companies in connection with EPC contract where such company would construct and operate a new multi-buoy mooring berth offshore of the existing petrochemicals plant located at west of Port Said, Egyptian Mediterranean.
- Representation of an Egyptian company operating in the field of hotels and tourism in connection with its acquisition of a five-star hotel in Hurghada, Egypt.
- Representation of Hassan Allam Holding in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in PGESCo. The Transaction valued at EGP 400 million.
- Representation of two real estate companies in connection with concluding development agreements.
- Representation of Palm Hills Development in connection with its joint venture with Arkan to develop two commercial areas in Palm Hills for a value exceeding EGP 6 billion.
- Representation of Hassan Allam Utilities – the utilities arm of leading regional construction and engineering group Hassan Allam Holding – in connection with its consortium agreement with Taqa in relation to Benban solar plan project in Aswan, Egypt.
- Representation of Hassan Allam Utilities – the utilities arm of leading regional construction and engineering group Hassan Allam Holding – in connection with its joint venture with Lightsource BP – a global leader in the funding, development and long-term operation of solar energy projects. The JV is intended to develop and operate solar projects locally, offering Egyptian commercial and residential customers world-class solutions in solar energy and energy storage.
- Representation of Solvay Group – a group in advanced materials and specialty chemicals – in connection with its sale of its Egyptian subsidiary to a governmental entity.
- Representation of EBRD in connection with its acquisition of (20%) stake in Infinity Solar. The transaction valued at approximately USD 60 million.
- Representation of GB Auto in connection with acquiring majority stake in Tokio Marine Egypt along with EFG Hermes. The transaction valued at EGP 80 million.