Mohamed Essam Sid-Ahmed
Mohamed Essam Sid-Ahmed
Counsel, Head of FinTech, Emerging Companies & Venture Capital
Mohamed Essam Sid-Ahmed is a Counsel and a Corporate and M&A team member. He also heads the firm’s FinTech, Emerging Companies & Venture Capital sector. Mohamed has extensive experience in finance and technology and a combined knowledge when it comes to FinTech. Mohamed also advises on commercial, M&A, and capital market transactions. He advised on a variety of complex FinTech and M&A deals and assisted the biggest players in the FinTech industry ranging from local, regional, multinational, and international clients.
Media, Filmmaking Industry
- Representing Tarek Nour Group on their day-to-day advertising and media agreements having advised production of Talk Shows, and potential short movies.
- Representation of a notable cinema company in Egypt and the Middle Est regarding the financing of a movie and its distribution in Egypt and GCC having value exceeding USD 15,000,000.
- Representation of Al Qahera Wal Nas TV in the production and financing of Al Abakera TV Show.
- Represented a loyalty scheme company in its investment round amounting to USD 20 million, which transaction encompassed primary and secondary components with the full exit of the former investor.
- Represented MoneyFellows, as a lead counsel, one of the leading FinTech companies in its pre-Series A and Series A investment round against Partech Africa SLP and Sawari Ventures with an investment amount of up to USD 5 million.
- Advised MoneyFellows, throughout four years, on the regulatory framework of FinTech in Egypt and successfully reached an unprecedented agreement with the Central Bank of Egypt to legalize the legal status of is activities.
- Advised one of the leading saving FinTech companies on its savings offerings by elaborating an innovative structure preventing its offering of being assimilated to banking activities.
- Advised a leading crowdfunding FinTech company on its crowdfunding structure in a manner enabling it to partially provide crowdfunding services in Egypt and negotiating its legal status with CBE and FRA.
- Advised a leading investment bank on its acquisition of minority stake in artificial intelligence based credit scoring company in Egypt.
- Advised a joint venture in respect of one of the first sports management companies with a value of USD 14 million.
- Represented a leading payment service provider and a supply chain technology company on their joint venture company fully digitizing the FMCG supply chain line of business.
- Represented SPE Capital on its acquisition of a substantial stake in Future Pharmaceutical Industries with an investment amount of USD 23 million.
- Represented Helios Investment (as a local counsel) on its acquisition of 76% stake in TPay Group, a mobile payment platform and direct carrier billing service provider, from A15.
- Undertook the incorporation and legal operational structure of 100+ startups’ companies varying different scope of activities with concentration on FinTech and technology companies.
- Advised Dsquares, a leading technology and loyalty schemes provider, on its sale of 22.7% to Ezdehar in a transaction amounting to EGP 100 million.
- Representing a notable asset management company in its acquisition of 100% of the share capital of a reputable securities brokerage company with a total value of EGP 65 million.
- Representing a notable asset management company in its acquisition of 100% of the share capital of a third-party administrator company.
- Advised an Egyptian investment bank on the set-up of a direct investment limited partnership company (GP/LP) with a targeted volume of EGP 2 billion.
- Advised one of the leading asset management companies in Egypt on the establishment and the information memoranda of its private equity with a targeted volume of EGP 2.5 billion.
- Represented a tricycles and automotive manufacturing Group on its sale of a 47% stake to an international private equity with a deal value exceeding USD 25 million.
- Represented a local agriculture family business company in its buyout transaction to a regional agriculture company with an investment amount up to USD 19 million.
- Acted as lead counsel for several startups’ accelerators and incubators including Flat6labs, Vodafone Ventures and others, and advised more than 80 investee/incubated companies.