Tamer El Hennawy is the Managing Partner of Matouk Bassiouny and co heads the Corporate and Capital Market Groups. Tamer has been consistently ranked by Chambers Global in the areas of corporate law and mergers and acquisitions. Tamer represents many of Egypt’s leading corporations and has worked on most of the public offerings that occurred in the country in the past five years.
In particular, Tamer has helped execute high-value acquisitions, restructurings and divestitures in Egypt for companies in the natural resources, manufacturing, construction, real estate, pharmaceutical and tourism industries. Tamer also worked on the sale of operating fields that were carried out by the Egyptian Petroleum Corporation.
Legal periodicals noted:
- “Tamer El Hennawy is “an incredible negotiation strategist”whose” calm demeanor is incredible impressive and able to difficult situations.” Chambers and Partners, 2016
- “Tamer El Hennawy is simply excellent.” Legal 500, 2014
- “Tamer El Hennawy is very energetic and has high motivation and drive.” Chambers and Partners, 2013
Tamer also represents sellers, investors and purchasers in a significant number of acquisitions or joint ventures.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representation of several companies such as Talaat Mostafa Group, Palm Hills for Development, Juhayna and Amer Group in connection with their IPO.
- Representation of some of the leading companies in Egypt in relation to their Egyptian entities as well as advising them on all agreements required for their business, which includes franchise, know-how, distribution, licensing, partnership, lease and sale and purchase agreements.
- Representation of a company on its divestiture of interest in an entity having concessions over an Egyptian port. Transaction value: over USD 700 million.
- Representation of a company in its divestiture of interest in two entities having concessions over an operating oil field. Transaction value: USD 2 billion.
- Representation of an investor investing over USD 300 million in a company operating in the oil and gas field.
- Representation of several private equity firms in full or partial acquisitions of companies in Egypt.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Egyptian Bar Association – Member
- American Chamber of Commerce – Member
T + 202 2796 2042
tamer.elhennawy @ matoukbassiouny.com
- University of London, Faculty of Law: LL.M. (2000)
- Cairo University, Faculty of Law: LL.B. (1999)
- Tamer El Hennawy ranked as a Rising Star – IFLR 1000, 2015
- Tamer El Hennawy ranked as a Leading Lawyer – Chambers & Partners, 2014
- Tamer El Hennawy ranked as a Leading Lawyer – Legal 500, 2014