Muhammad Nassef Ali is a Partner at Matouk Bassiouny and a member of its Corporate and M&A practice group. Muhammad assists major private equity firms and multinational as well as Egyptian companies with the preparation and negotiation of M&A transactional documents, including share/asset purchase/sale agreements, shareholders’ agreements, and other related documentation. He also assists clients with conducting legal due diligence reviews as well as transactional management throughout the transaction’s lifecycle. Muhammad additionally handles other corporate transactions such as joint ventures and corporate restructurings, as well as other corporate and capital markets advisory work.
Muhammad worked with a major law firm in Dubai, UAE for more than a year, with a focus on corporate restructuring of family businesses.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representation of Commercial International Bank (Egypt) in connection with its successful acquisition of Citi’s Egyptian consumer business.
- Representation of The Abraaj Group in connection with its successful investment in Cairo for Investment and Real Estate Development.
- Representation of Bristol Myers Squibb in connection with its successful divestment of its Egyptian business to GlaxoSmithKline.
- Representation of Societe Nationale D’investissement in connection with its successful divestment of its Egyptian non-alcoholic beverage business to The Coca-Cola
- Egypt, “Mergers & Acquisitions Report”, International Financial Law Review, 2016, pp.55-58.
- Egypt, “Mergers & Acquisitions Report”, International Financial Law Review, 2015, pp.55-58.
- United Arab Emirates, “Treasury Shares Guide”, IBA Corporate and M&A Law Committee, 2014.
T + (202) 2796 2042 (ext. 137)
- 2010 University of Virginia: LL.M. in Corporate and Commercial Law
- 2007 Cairo University: Investment and International Trade Law Diploma
- 2005 Cairo University: LL.B (cumulative grade: Very Good).