Jean – Jerome Khodara is a Partner with the Corporate and M&A practice group. Prior to joining Matouk Bassiouny, JJ has worked with the French international law firm Gide Loyrette Nouel (based in France, China, Russia and Romania) and the group LafargeHolcim (based in Egypt), where he was in charge of M&A transactions and significant legal matters in Egypt and Africa. He has acquired his Masters degree from Harvard University USA.
JJ advises on corporate transactions with a focus on complex cross-border deals. His expertise includes the setting-up of joint-ventures as well as managing all phases of M&A transactions: structuring, due diligence, negotiation and transaction documents.
- Representation of a consortium for the design, construction and operation of USD 300 million industrial facility in a chemical complex in Sokhna, Egypt.
- Representation of a leading Egyptian investment bank in the acquisition of a minority stake in a renewable energy company. Transaction value: confidential.
- Representation of the group LafargeHolcim on several corporate transactions and JV related matters in Egypt and Algeria.
- Representation of the group LafargeHolcim on its USD 1.3 billion corporate restructuring in Nigeria and South-Africa.
- Representation of Algeria’s Ministry of Privatization in relation to the sale of a company producing detergents to Henkel. Transaction value: confidential.
- Representation of EADS in connection with the acquisition of Nokia PRC Secure Telecommunication business.
T + (202) 2795 4228 (ext. 731)
jj.khodara @ matoukbassiouny.com
- Harvard University (US); Master in Public Administration, 2004.
- Exeter University (UK); LLM – Master in European Law, 1997.
- University of Rennes (France); LLM – Post-Graduate Degree in Business Law (DJCE – DESS), 1996.
- University of Paris II Assas (France); Master Degree in Business Law, 1995.